Windows Mobile 5.0 ActiveSync 0x80072f17 error
Mantvydas
2006-03-24 16:48:02 UTC
Hello, there,

It seems I just can't sync through USB directly with Microsoft Exchange 2003
SP2. Although all the settings in Exchange Mobile Services Properties
Exchange ActiveSync seem to be checked. ActiveSync shows error 0x80072f17.

I can only sync with Windows PC.

Regards,
Mantvydas
Leif Pedersen [MVP]
2006-03-24 19:54:35 UTC
Hi,
The error 80072f17 is for an unsupported digital certificate. Digital
certificates that support wildcards are not supported on Windows Mobile
devices.

The list of error codes I looked it up on is at
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/exchange_errors.php

Mantvydas
Mantvydas
2006-03-26 22:56:22 UTC
Hmmm...

Is there a reading somewhere about the certificates? Certificates supporting
the wildcards and the ones which don't? I'm sure, that when I was creating my
Exchange server certificate, I haven't checked any: "Support wildcards"
option...

And I am aware of that error list. Only that it doesn't help a thing. How do
I connect?